Manu’s ability to score in multiple ways should end any discussion of his ability as an attacking player. He was unorthodox and did things that no one had ever seen. He was a great shooter, an aggressive finisher, and possessed out of this busy world. Manu Ginobili could be the best passing keeper in the history of the game. In terms of an aggressive finisher, Manu is underrated as a basket scorer and has been relentless in attack.
10 Facts about Spurs Star Manu Ginobili
- His first basketball experience outside his country played for a second division team in Italy.
- For his reckless play, his teammate Brent Barry gave him the nickname “El Contusion”.
- Two of his brothers played basketball professionally.
- He is one of only two players to win the Euroleague, NBA and Olympic titles. The other is Bill Bradley.
- His rookie diary was published on HoopsHype in 2003.
- He is perhaps the only Argentinian who is not very interested in football.
- Only seven international players made more money than him in the NBA.
- He only started 36% of the games he played in the NBA.
- He has won almost 73% of the regular season games he has played.
- He expressed support for gay marriage.
Manu Ginobili Achievements in his NBA Career:
Manu’s legacy as an NBA player will be that of a guy who has played for great Spurs teams and has won many of the games he has played without ever missing the playoffs. He won a European league championship before coming to the NBA, then won 4 championships during his time in the NBA. He also helped his home country, Argentina, to win a gold medal at the 2004 Olympics.
- All-Star game appearances (2005, 2011)
- NBA Sixth Man of the Year award (2007)
- March 2003 Rookie of the Month
- 2002-03 All-NBA Rookie Second Team
- 2007-08 All-NBA Third Team
- 2010-11 All-NBA Third Team
- Mar. 11, 2007 NBA Player of the Week
- Feb. 24, 2008 NBA Player of the Week
- Mar. 28, 2010 NBA Player of the Week
- NBA champion (2003, 2005, 2007, 2014)